The Cost Breakdown

For those of you who were wondering how the budget played out on the kitchen, here it goes:

Wall Paint $1 at Habitat for Humanity Restore
Hardware $1 at the Restore
Cabinet paint free at Restore
Glass knobs free from a friend
Painting supplies $38.00 (rollers, tape, etc...)
Floor paint $1 at Restore
Door $10 at Restore
Hardwood floor free leftovers from a friend.
Butcher Block $40 at Salvation Army
Poly for the floor $60
Ikea lighting and hardware $54.00
Kick plates $10 at Home Depot
Supplies at Home depot $20
Sink $20
Island $0 Free dresser off the side of the road

Total = $275

4 comments:

  1. Such great ideas for those of us on a budget. Thanks. I had no idea you can get stuff from Habitat From Humanity & I've never heard of Restore (are they all around the country or just local?). I love that you got some of your things free from friends...that's what it's all about.

    I was looking closer at your pics from yesterday & got all fascinated with how you hung your teacups & pots...I love it!!!! And I really want that lamp, but I doubt my husband would go for it. :)

    Have a great day, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did you get that sink for 20.00? Was someone replacing theirs and wanted to get rid of it? Awesome deal.

    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are Habitat for Humanity Restores around the country. Some are donated furniture stores and others are for construction supplies. We have both in Lexington. Look online and see if you have any in your area. They are amazing!!
    The Ikea sink was $20 b/c it had a small hairline crack on the top. Totally doesn't affect the integrity of the sink. We totally love it!!! I think they are normally around $200 at Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on saving so much money and really using all your resources. I think it looks great. I love the glass cabinet pulls.

    ReplyDelete