Turning 31


Today I turn 31.
My 30th year was a great one.
Full of unexpected twists and turns, and yet I felt at peace knowing God had precisely orchestrated each part.
I don't have a birthday wish list this year.
As cliche as it sounds, this girl has been given the best gifts already. A husband and children that adore me and accept me for who I am and enable me to live my life to the fullest. I have a Father in Heaven that adores me even more.
We bought our first home this year; a dreamy little cottage; and each night I get
to lay my head on the biggest, softest pillowtop mattress ever!
I wake up each morning with my cup of coffee and smoothie and indulge most nights with a glass of red wine.
My husband is my best friend and we spend hours talking and dreaming together.
So really~ in the grand scheme of things~ I couldn't even imagine what to ask for.
BUT if anyone feels generous; I am still hoping for a couple of chickens :)
My only hope is to end this birthday with homemade pizza, cookies, and some family cuddle time on the couch (and maybe a few episodes of Gilmore Girls thrown in there somewhere during pizza and cookies!)

9 comments:

  1. Happy (late) birthday, Megan.

    I've only known you a short time but really value your friendship. Thanks for being a great example to me!

    When Garrett gets chickens (we'll see). we'll pick up a couple extra for you! There is a chicken swap or something in Frankfort in July he wants to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gals! Alyssa~We'll definitely have to figure out a chicken plan :)
    And by the way- I totally meant to call you this week but I am a dork and never programmed your # into my phone when you called last!
    Thanks for the sweet words. We are so grateful to have met you, Garrett and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit late, but Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one and you were able to eat some pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday a day late. Once I move to our family property I plan on getting some chickens. Cluck Cluck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) birthday to you. Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! Sorry, I don't manage it earlier. I hope, you had a great birthday weekend with a lot of friends coming over and celebrating YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday. It's wonderful that you have found so much peace in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan you are blessed and I love the picture of you with one of your little guys!!
    Love
    Barb McAlister

    ReplyDelete