Dreamy



This is where I would like to be today. Oh how dreamy!!! The summer is still in full swing here although summer is the time of year when I feel least inspired to create. The mixture of heat, sun, easily bored kids, and mosquito's are not a very appealing combination for me. I thrive in the cooler months when I can wear sweaters and jeans, head outdoors and breathe in crisp, cool air, and get inspired by the colors of the changing seasons. I love when the sun goes down at 6pm and we settle in as a family in front of the fire and play games or make forts.

With this said, I finally did pull my sewing machine out of summer hibernation this week to sew a few more aprons for the shop and finish up the fair entries due in a couple of weeks.

This weekend we'll make our annual pilgrimage to the homeland (aka go to Columbus Ohio for the Ohio State Fair). Although we live in Kentucky now, nothing comes close to the Ohio State Fair and it is definitely worth the drive to go!