The Importance of Thank You's



We sat down around the kitchen table this morning to write thank you notes to our friends and family that blessed us with Christmas gifts this year. Canaan is old enough to write his thank you notes and Ezra, although too young to write, draws pictures as his thank you.

It is so important for me to teach this act of thankfulness to the boys. It is really easy (for me as well) to neglect taking time to acknowledge and show gratitude for the time and money others have spent on us to shower us with gifts during holidays.

We had a wonderful Christmas as a family. Lots of yummy treats, cozy nights watching Mary Poppins, playing with new gifts, and relaxing together as a family.

Next Christmas we will enjoy the addition of our new little guy. It will be another amazing Christmas for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are to be commended on showing your children the appreciation of a little thank you note. It seems to be an art that is quickly being forgotten. I always enjoy your blog and appreciate all that you are willing to share. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne for your encouraging note. I agree that it is a lost art these days.
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I think during the hoildays people forget to say thank you, I know I do, so i think i will go and write my thank you notes to those who gave to me thank u for posting this. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays to you and you sweet family! I am looking forward to reading your blog in coming year. So Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete