Day One



Is it even possible to lay this little guy down for even a moment? I am finding that answer a resounding "no". Mike and I have spent the past 24 hours holding our sweet Othniel endlessly. Maybe knowing he is more than likely our last baby is making us increasingly sentimental but I find myself trying to capture each moment~not necessarily on camera but in my memory.
Each sweet breath on my neck, every squeak he gives when he gets hungry, each yawn, every moment he opens his little swollen eyes. This time is so incredibly fleeting and precious...it sounds ridiculous to try to find the words to describe it.
Tears run down my cheeks as I write this because I cannot even begin grasp the depth of this blessed life that we have. It is overwhelming to be given such a gift.

12 comments:

  1. OH I totally understand! And I"m looking forward to all of that in 17 weeks! So glad you're taking it slow and taking it all in!
    ~Amy Wedel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such SWEET photos! We can't wait to see you all!
    Love, Bryce and Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his little one eyed photo, I still have vivid picture in my memory of both the boys in the hospital room...meeting someone for the first time after loving them for nine months is a pretty crazy feeling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I would be drinking in every sweet and even the not so sweet moments. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww. crazy sweet!! Enjoy your amazing gift!! wish i could hold him and kiss him. :) congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He IS gorgeous. So beautiful. I can't wait to meet the newest Smith. I'm calling him Rockland. I love that name!

    p.s.I am so impressed that you got these pictures up already!....laptop in your hospital room?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping to peek in today and find some one day old photos. He is just beautiful. You sound like you are glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet little butterbean! I can babysit..I'm only a state over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations...he is so cute, how I love to hold newborns. He looks like both of you!! ENJOY and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! These photos are astounding, beautiful, and adorable ;) Congratulations on this beautiful moment in your life!!!!!! Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A huge wild wolloping congratulations to you all!! He is magnificent. Any babe who can wink like that by day one is a keeper, if you ask me. Peace and joy to your family.

    ReplyDelete