Its just one of those days. One of those days that creeps up every so often. It starts out days before usually manifesting itself in my frustration with a messy house. I am amazed at how much my life plays out like Bill Murrays life in Groundhog Day. I feel like I clean, straighten up, clean some more just to sit down at the end of the day to a messy house.
I sense the level of frustration rising as I feel unappreciated for all that I do (a small pity party for myself)and I find that it steals just a little joy out of each day.
So those little moments of frustration mount to days like today. These days (hopefully I am not the only one who has them) I feel like I bit off a little more than I can chew with my commitments to projects and I feel like I need to call a Realtor and upgrade from this 1400 square foot house that we currently run 3 businesses out of and raise 3 boys. I feel like I am treading and barely keeping my head above water.
Thankfully I am a big picture kind of person and I know that this too shall pass and soon my house will seem like a perfect fit for us, projects will seem easy and fun again, and I will trade in my water treading days for the lazy back float.
But in the meantime, I find my center in my kitchen. Baking bread, making soup, and knowing that this is just another day in my life as a mom who really truly does love it so.




Mike's handmade heart he crafted this week at his metal working class.

8 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, how well we know that feeling. Hang in there. I long for back float days. You are right, they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just read two posts from another Mommy-blogger that I encouraged me. I think you've done a great job not losing yourself in your role as Mom. It's inspiring to us... but more importantly, to your family.

    Here are the links: http://inspiredtoaction.com/2010/06/reader-email-i-became-a-mom-and-lost-myself/

    http://inspiredtoaction.com/2010/06/motherhood-and-identity-martyr-is-not-spelled-m-o-m/

    (It's a pretty neat blog that I enjoy reading.)

    (just prayed for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama said there will be days like this...we are all entitled to have them. :) I always find that a solo trip ANYWHERE... Target, the grocery store.. helps... I will stop at all departments and just take my time. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone. And tomorrow I have company coming and my house is a disaster and honestly - I am not going to be home long enough to get it cleaned up... and ..... praying for you as I struggle through my own treading water moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an aunt who was famous for the moment when she was found by my mom; lying back on the couch with a gin in one hand and a book in the other and the house and kids around her in complete chaos. She just shrugged and said " I just looked around the house today, and didn't know where to start, so...I didn't!"
    Every once in awhile; I now try to make sure to have one of those days, and the other days...well..I just stumble along, thinking.....a messy house full of kids and good things is still way better than a spotless home and no little ones to share it with...and know that this time is fleeting. And will be missed and remembered probably much more fondly than it actually was!!
    And remember, three kids is hard! After all,we only have two hands!Juggling is a way of life with three. At least for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh as you've already said:
    This too shall pass.
    My hubby knows that when I start fretting about the house, it's time to go into over-drive or stay out of my way!:)

    I don't know if anyone else does this, but when my mom comes to visit, is when I'm most concerned about the cleanliness of my house? Why do I clean for her like I would a stranger, though she knows me best?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hear ya mama, i find my peace in the kitchen too. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to each of you for your encouraging words. So needed on days like those.

    ReplyDelete