3 Quotes That Are Transforming My Thinking

Last week at this time I was sitting at Blissdom. The opening speaker, Jon Acuff, kind of blew me away. I wasn't expecting that. It was the highlight of the conference for me, actually. What he said resonated deeply with where I am at both personally and professionally right now. If you haven't heard of this guy, he's pretty incredible...see for yourself.

Three things he said during the opening keynote have stuck with me all week. In fact, they are typed out, sitting on my desk and I read them often. Powerful words, indeed. I thought one (or some) of you might feel challenged by them as well.






















What words are challening you lately?

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love this! As a beginning blogger and lover of photography (among many other artsy things in this world), I feel very down on myself that I'm not as "together" as those I look up to. Which is silly for so many reasons.

    Thanks for sharing this! It's so very very very encouraging!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Samantha! It definitely can feel so overwhelming at times, can't it? I'm heading over to your blog now. Thanks for commenting. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful statement! I needed this today. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful words! I read something with a similar connotation recently that read -- "stop comparing your behind the scene's to everyone else's highlighted reel." or something? I don't believe I do that, but I don't always keep it real, which I have changed recently. I learned a lot of putting it ALL out there!

    I stopped by to make sure you're all ok.? I'm not sure where you are in location, but with all these tornadoes, I pray you're all safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is inspirational, Megan. Words challenging me lately are design and collaboration. These words have the power to change many aspects of my profession right now; these words are also challenging me as I am just getting started with an education blog. There is much to be learned from your design and collaboration at The Art of Homemaking.

    ReplyDelete