My Afternoon



After going to the gym this morning I came home and made myself lunch. Yes lunch. This may not seem like a big thing to some of you but in my daily life I rarely take time to eat lunch let alone make lunch for myself. Usually my lunch consists of eating a few raw almonds and then eating a couple of bites of whatever I make Ezra. But today at the gym I determined that I should really start monitoring what I eat more and taking care of myself more in that area. So I came home and made Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with lime sour cream. I'll try to post the recipe tomorrow. It was really simple (about 20 minutes) and it is really healthy and good! I have enough to have for lunch for a few days and it even can be frozen for later use. YUM!
Secondly I made myself this headband. Its reversible with linen on the otherside. The underside has elastic for a snug fit. It took about 15 minutes--easy!! It is so nice having my uber-organized sewing space now that I can run up and whip out a project without having to dig for fabric, elastic, thread, etc...
The reason for this little project is that we have an open house at Canaan's school tonight and I really didn't want to have to wash my hair beforehand. So the answer to hiding dirty hair is a headband! Tada!!