Have You Seen It Out There?!

*FYI...you can now find The Art of Homemaking on Facebook*

I hope you live in a part of the world that is getting the fall season right now. If you happen to be on a beach in Mexico sipping margaritas or shoveling snow in Alaska, I kind of feel bad for you.
The weather is incredible right now in Kentucky and the scenery, even better. Mike and I woke up this morning and knew we needed to make time for an Autumn day drive. We haven't had one of those in a long time.

We headed toward a small town south of here called Danville. Along the way we stopped at Marksbury Farm. I would take the time to tell you about it here but really you need to just head over to their website. This place is amazing.

Description of Photo
Description of Photo

Chocolate Croissant's at Marksbury...Mike and Otto ate one before we even made it out the door.
We made a quick run down to Danville for $2 chicken salad sandwiches at a local bakery and a stop at (officially) Mike's new favorite shop, V the Market.

Description of Photo
Description of Photo

The weather shows no sign of making a turn for the worse so we are making lots of plans to be outside in the coming weeks. I am forseeing tennis matches with my 8 year old, evening picnics under our big old maple tree and some pumpkin carving on the front steps.

Hello Autumn...feel free to stay as long as you like.

9 comments:

  1. oh, that looks so lovely. we our having our first northwest fall, and it's just not the same. glad to live vicariously through you, though:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey megan, it is a small world! i will tell pav that you say hello. lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! For reminding me of the beauty of Fall...the busyness of the season often gets in the way and then before I know it, fall is over. I need to get my butt out there and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had an amazingly slow autumn here and it's been lovely. Usually the colour is gone in the blink of an eye and we go from warm to cold overnight. But this year it is languishing, drawing out it's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I had this grand idea a few months back to eat all of our dinners outdoors in October. I didn't follow through with the idea and now I am kicking myself. Our weather has been amazing and would have been perfect for al fresco dining all month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You officially have better color than New England this year! we can thank hurricane Irene for that I guess.... the leaves that should be pretty are either gone or brown :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a bummer Bethany!! We spent a late October in Maine a few years back and the color was amazing. We drove from Maine to Vermont and felt so spoiled by the beauty of that fall~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is so intimate, I always want it to last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting the V-the Market photo and comments!

    ReplyDelete