Around the House


I thought I'd do a bit of "around the house" photos this week. I always love seeing other peoples decor style and thought you may want to see what its like over here at the Smith Homestead. Our things change with the seasons. I move furniture around, change out pictures, knick knacks, and fabrics.
This is our living room~ well one wall of it. The paintings are ones that the boys did a couple of years ago and have found a permanent home on that wall. The table was an auction find over 10 years ago that I absolutely love. It has served many purposes. Kitchen table, sewing table, and side table. Underneath is a big old coal mine box that my mother-in-law bought me. I love the large rusted out colander on top of the table too.
When we moved in we painted all of the walls a color called "poetic light". I am a bit afraid of color on walls (although I do love color) so I opt to add color through our accessories and that way I can always add or take away depending on my mood or the season.
If anyone else would like to join me this week to show us around your house, please do! I would love to take a peak inside your home.
P.S. I am still recovering from a gut-wrenching Lost finale. I may be in mourning for weeks...

10 comments:

  1. ooo that banner of yours is just perfect! your home is lovely, the ladder with quilts is such a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like seeing into other peoples homes- I took some photos this weekend and am planing on doing some sort of post about areas in my home-
    Thank you for sharing yours-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet home! I am a flea market lovin' gal myself. Lots of things found here are there and at garage sales. I love a good deal, and this way no one can find what you did and copy you! :) Love the kiddie art.. I'll see what I can do on my own blog, but I am so silly, I can't figure out how to post a pic within my blog! Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love it! the table and paintings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    Juliana~ To upload photos in blogger you should be able to go to "new post" and right above where you type your content there is a box that looks like a landscape. It says "add image". Click that to add pictures from your computer or camera card. Have you already tried that previously and it doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. THe paintings look great! i thought they were modern art at first :) And I love the hanging quilts. I'd post pictures of my apartment if we weren't in the midst of moving--it's a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of your home! Love that kid art!! There's nothing like it, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Megan! Should work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love..love...love..just yummy. You need to visit my blog and check out the fun antique place I posted on tonight. You would adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your tables and the art. Beautiful, maybe I will get some changes made for summer now that school is almost finished.

    ReplyDelete