Making A List...Checking It Twice

I am a list maker by nature. Grocery lists, to-do lists, honey-do lists, lists of goals...and this time of year, Christmas gift lists. I have many floating around right now. There is the "to make" list, and the "to buy" list and the others somewhere in between.

One project was started a few weeks back. I shared this photo with you, remember?













Well that project is coming along beautifully and I am so excited about some packages that will be heading out the door in the coming days to girlfriends around the country that have encouraged, loved, challenged and held me up this year.

2011 has been a doozy at The Smith Homestead. A one year layoff (and still going). Didn't see that coming. Not only sustaining but thriving this year...didn't see that coming either. I promise to sit down someday soon, with a big mug of coffee and a slow afternoon to share with you what has happened this year. It was one for the story books.

But back to lists....here we are just a couple of weeks out from the 'big day' and I am still finding inspiration and ideas~ I'm sure you are too...

Ninja's vs. Pirates? This set has got to be one of the best things I've run across in recent memory. Of course with a house full of boys and a recent visit to a pirate museum I think something like this would knock their socks off...(and put a serious dent in the mid-layoff holiday budget...but that's besides the point ;)

Goosegrease on Etsy made this lovely set












And as for wrapping this year's gifts, I love this idea. We are all about brown kraft paper in this house and I am always looking for new ways to spiff it up.

And you better believe I will be on the hunt for some vintage globes at the thrift store this year. This family of snowmen definitely needs to make an appearance in our home next year, don't you agree?

Don't forget there is lots of holiday inspiration here at the blog. You can find some of it here and here and here. And there are loads of ideas up there in the Navigation Bar.

Enough blogging for one day...my lists await!

Happy Thursday~