Catching Up...and Taco Soup

Just to catch you up:

- The last one...you know that sweet nearly 2 year old with curly blonde hair? Yep..that one. He's giving us a run for our money in that whole sanity department. I am not sure Mike or I will make it out on the other side.

- The second one...you know, that other tall, blonde one wearing skateboarding clothes? Yep...that one. He carved our wooden front door with the most lovely cat scratch pattern yesterday trying to take off the pumpkin stickers he had decorated it with a couple of months ago. "A" for effort. "F" for execution.

- The first one...you know, that tall, blonde one? Yep...that one. I just bought him his first pair of shoes in the mens department. That took this mama much by surprise and I may or may not have had welled up with a tear or two when no one was looking.
**Time. Please slow down. Thank you.

- There was another Suze Orman appearance this week. See that here (at about the 38 minute mark)

- There were hundreds of more bags to ship this week thanks to that sweet follow up from Suze.

- We are now in month 12 of the layoff. Crazy. More about that in another post.

- I write...alot nowadays. Which is why this blog doesn't get nearly the attention is should. But I'm ok with that, if you are.

Now....onto Taco Soup. This is one of those elusive recipes that until recently I hadn't been able to reign in. I love taco soup! Atleast I thought I did. But recipe after recipe was letting me down and making me doubt my fondness for it. Until this easy peasy recipe from an old Gooseberry Patch cookbook jumped off the page at me.
Its perfect and easy and a nice change of pace from the standard thick chili my family likes.






















Slow Cooker Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 15oz cans black beans, drained & rinsed
2 c. water
15 oz can corn, drained (I used frozen)
15 oz can tomato sauce (I used canned petite diced tomatoes)
12 oz bottle green taco sauce
4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 oz package taco seasoning mix (I used low sodium)

Brown beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Drain. In a slow cooker, combine beef mixture and all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high 1 hour (I cooked on low for 4-5 hours).
Serves 8-10.