Ezra and the new walkway

Mike is making a new rock walkway for us from the house to the garden. Its only about 25% done and given the fact that Mike isn't the best at follow through, I am praying we have the other 75% at some point in time!
Ezra is growing and growing. He is so funny and quirky and right now is having a fun time giving us gray hairs by throwing fits. Oh well--thankfully the good outweighs the bad.......most days :)

Peony Love

I LOVE peonies. For a while now they have been my favorite flower. They smell amazing, look amazing, and you can get so many cuts off of one bush. What I love most of all is that after 9 years of looking for a home, the home we have ended up in has peony bushes everywhere! I am one blessed girl :)

Projects around the house

I love when company comes to visit. First of all because I want to see them, but secondly because that means projects start getting done around the house! This week we tackled a bunch of little projects that had been written down on a piece of paper on the fridge for weeks now. One project was priming and painting these cool architectural wooden corner pieces I picked up at an auction. When I got them they were longer (we cut them off) and being used as table legs. I had been looking for things such as these for a few months now and couldn't believe how expensive they are at architectural salvage places. Anyhow, got that done.....next project was for Mike to fix the legs on a sofa I bought at auction for $10. Thankfully he is such a handyman and knows how to do just about anything from instinct. He had to drill out all of the old wooden pegs and make new ones for the legs to screw into. Big project. Eventually I would like to get the couch reupholstered but I'll have to save for that! This little gem is downfilled and is so stinkin cute!
There is still an ever growing list of things to do. Next is making a curtain for our kitchen window. I really wanted to leave it bare but the evening sun is BLINDING!!!!! So I need to think of what I want there. Also, the boys room is going to get decorated one of these days. Canaan has never had a "cool" room. We have always rented and never been able to do what he would like with his space. So now we'll tackle his and Ezra's room and give them the uber cool camping room. Which means lots of painting, rustic patchwork quilt making, etc.....
Lastly our outdoor covered porch got cleaned this weekend. We took off all of the firewood that was lining the walls, gave it a good clean and a fresh coat of white paint. Tonight Mike hung a cool black iron chandelier Mikes mom had bought me last Christmas and we put our old painted wood dining table out there. I'll take pics of that another time though....
I have also included a pic of Canaan. He's gonna be a heartbreaker! And a picture of Canaan's favorite "doll" (or whatever you call it for boys). I made this little guy out of a pair of Canaan's favorite pajamas. He was so sad when his pajamas got holes and became way too small so I snuck off and made this little guy for him. He calls him "Carrot" --how appropriate!

The tee pee in the yard...

Spring is here and we have had such a beautiful one! The weather has been gorgeous and everything is coming into full bloom. This weekend we cleaned off the porch and gave it a fresh coat of white paint. The boys have been having such a good time in the new yard. Canaan has a little swing hanging from the big shade tree and Ezra always has some sort of soccer ball, golf ball, or volleyball he is playing with. Canaan likes to hit golf balls in the yard as well and is doing really good at it.
I am thrilled that my peonies are starting to bloom. Yeah!! My favorite flower!!