An Entertaining Journal


8 years ago I started a journal. Its a journal I keep to this day, add to quite frequently and reference often. Reading through the pages of this leather bound journal is a walk down memory lane~ this journal is the menu record I keep from the dinners we host, the parties we throw and the times we have, centered around food, with friends.
I love reading and remembering those we've entertained over the years~ like Bob and Noby Kennell, who now live in Papua New Guinea and who came to dinner in our tiny 3 room apartment in Sanford, Florida when we were new parents.
 And I love seeing those back to back meals with our dear friends Peter and Crystal. They are those friends that show up at 6 for dinner and at 2am you finally look at a clock and wonder how 8 hours could have flown by so fast. Those friends are so precious and rare.

In a fire, this would be one keepsake I'd try to grab on the way out the door. Years of amazing memories that is added to often~ one dinner with friends at a time.

Happy Weekend~ ... maybe even a meal with friends is on the docket for you?

**and, if you get a moment ~ click that pretty blue ribbon up there on the right hand side of the page and vote for Art of Homemaking... A complete honor because I have some amazing blogs in my category, don't you think?

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely and sweet idea! My hubby and I love to entertain and hope to do so a lot more in our future. I have a terrible memory and tend to forget things easily, so something like this would be a lovely reminder of all the wonderful friends we've had the joy of hosting over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd gladly sit at your table and dine on those tasty treats any day! I have a feeling the food would take a backseat to your wonderful company (: Love the journal idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. One of the most treasured possessions I have from my mom is a folder with a handful of menus and guest lists dinners that she kept, most of them from holidays, from the early 70s until the about 1990. There are even a few grocery lists and weekly dinner menus scribbled on the back of scrap paper and receipts. It's one of two 'most important things' that I would grab on my way out the door in a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea. I love to entertain as well and think I may just have to steal this little idea from you :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy Kelly~ I too have a terrible memory, which is exactly why this book is so precious. Some notes to help jog me down memory lane...perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle~ You are so sweet! I hope we get the opportunity~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soul and Culture~ I love that! Isn't it amazing what things really become the most meaningful to us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily~ Steal away ;) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. It's true that food can be the most amazing memory we can hold. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the journal. where did u get it from?

    ReplyDelete